Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Cup of Trembling

On 1/11/07, Katy Hill wrote:

My friends and I were so happy to meet you yesterday and so delighted that you will help us out with Cup. Your authentic voice will be great - I thinnk we told you we will have Englebert Humperdink (came with the Steve Miller years ago) with her bit of a German accent and all of that will make it so much more believable. At least Mama won't have a Southern drawl.

I will copy and send you the parts we'd like for you to do. If it turns out that you can be with us that would be wonderful. Even if you can't, it would be great if you could come out to Holy Cross, see the church (beautiful in new church way - not beautiful like Prince George) - meet the cast and maybe go through a rehearsal with us. Aside from Bill Oddie who is a wonderful, professional actor, we have Fartmoot (Lutheran minister) and Willie Nelson (retired Methodist minister) and my husband, Harry Hill (retired Episcopal minister) who wil read (taped) the Commendation for the read William Dieterle. It is a powerful play and we're pulling out the stops.

Thanks again, we'll be in touch. Sincerely, Katy Hill (director)
From: Dave Smith
To: Katy Hill
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: The Cup of Trembling

Yes, I was interested in participating but wasn't 100% sure. This email has made a few things very clear to me.

Not only do you have Lutherans freely participating in your production but Methodists too. I thought I made it very clear that I can't associate with their abomination of the word. What suprises me most is your blithe acceptance of the situation.

That said, how about dinner next Thursday evening. I'll leave "the wife" at home (if you want...)

sincerely,

Dave (Donkey Dong) Smith

On 1/11/07, Katy Hill wrote:

Is this a joke? Katy Hill

From: Dave Smith
Date: Jan 11, 2007 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: The Cup of Trembling
To: Katy Hill

No comments: