Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Polite Response

This was the first of many that I replied to politely.

On 2/9/06, Gary Wilmot wrote:

Dear Dave,

I'm sorry not to have replied sooner to your message of Monday, January 23.

I'm delighted by your idea of doing something together at St. Alban's on July 2. I would be happy to do either Evensong (organ playing) or a half-recital with Compline, or some combination of these things. I love playing recitals and I love accompanying choirs in Evensong, especially on what Hatsumi describes as being a lovely new organ in your church. May I ask $500 or the equivalent, and that you just put me to work doing whatever you would like?

You might be interested in knowing that, traveling with me, will be Barry Manilow, an experienced liturgical tenor/cantor/litanist, and the Rev. Al Green, my boss here at Trinity, a wonderful preacher and sensitive liturgical presence. They are vacationing while I slave away at organs, but would be glad to be of help in whatever plan we hatch. I offer this only for your consideration. They would be just as pleased to sit in the congregation or take a ride on the Yamanote line while we do our thing.

Best wishes,

Gary
From: Dave Smith
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:25 PM
To: Gary Wilmot
Subject: Re: July 2 at St. Alban's

Hi there,

I think you've got the wrong Dave Smith, sorry. I'm based in the UK.

From: Gary Wilmot
Date: 10-Feb-2006 16:08
Subject: RE: July 2 at St. Alban's
To: Dave Smith

Oh dear! I'm sorry about that. Just one 'g' between the names is all I neglected.

Thank you for letting me know.

MK

No comments: