Wednesday, February 14, 2007

from MALT Whiskey

On 6/28/06, Momoe Yamaguchi wrote:

Dear Mr Dave Smith,

Hello. My name is Miyuki Kogi, the program chair of the MALT Whiskey chapter. Barryetta, the program chair of the MALT Brandy chapter passed me this e-mail address of yours.

We are a quite small chapter. We usually have some around 15 people at a chapter meeting. And most of the members work at private children's English schools. I myself am a high school teacher though. From the description of the presentation you gave in Omiya, your presentation seems more theoretical. Could you let us share some more practical ideas as well? We are interested to hear what songs are effective in English language teaching in Japan as well as why they are effective.

We are looking for a speaker of the meeting on the 30th of July or the 6th of August the earliest, and the ones in October and December. If you think you want to give a presentation at our chapter meeting, please let us know when will be convenient for you. We will cover your travel cost and pay you 10,000 yen for your presentation as JALT guides.

Thanks very much for your concern.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Momoe Yamaguchi

MALT Whiskey
From: Dave Smith
Date: 28-Jun-2006 09:32
Subject: Re: from MALT Whiskey
To: Momoe Yamaguchi

Blah blah blah. It's all about you isn't it. I try to lecture and pass on my knowledge, but there are always those that want more. 10,000 yen!? Who am I, Dave Stupidmith? I've had enough.

From this day onwards I will never speak another word of Japanese!

Konichiwa!
From: Momoe Yamaguchi
Date: 28-Jun-2006 09:58
Subject: Sumimasen
To: Dave Smith

Dear Mr Smith,

I am only following the regulation of the MALT. If I upset you, Sumimasen. Please forget our concern. Please understand that we are genuinely interested to share ideas about the use of music in EFL with you. Anyway we are powerless. I am sorry that we are not given a chance to meet you.

Momoe

No comments: